Chapter 5 - Quadratic Expressions
- determine the basic properties of quadratic relations;
- solve quadratic equations and interpret the solutions with respect to the corresponding relations;
- solve problems involving quadratic relations.
- expand and simplify second-degree polynomial expressions using a variety of tools
- factor polynomial expressions involving common factors, trinomials, and differences of squares
- determine, through investigation, and describe the connection between the factors of a quadratic expression and the x-intercepts (i.e., the zeros) of the graph of the corresponding quadratic relation, expressed in the form y = a(x – r)(x – s)
- solve problems arising from a realistic situation represented by a graph or an equation of a quadratic relation, with and without the use of technology